Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas-izing

So, I'd like to start by saying "Yes, yes. I'm going to get to the wedding. I'm still coming down off the wedding mountain, but there will be an entry about it!"

But, I figured in the meantime I would blog about the Christmas decor in our apartment. I completely redid everything from the rugs to the drapes, in order to fully capture the mood I was trying to convey.

Our wedding had a Winter Wonderland theme, so I figured I'd follow that lead and try and decorate the apartment in the same sort of style.


So there were a few easy changes that transformed my space into a winter wonderland!

1. I found new sequined pillows in silver, charcoal, and white.

2. I replaced the Papasan cushion with a white one instead of a green one.

3. I bought new gray drapes to replace the red ones.


4. I bought a new blue rug to go in place of the multicoloured one.

5. The hand carved basket in the centre used to contain apples, but now contains pine cones.


6. The three frames on the wall are so great because you can interchange what they hold to match your season! They used to have different scrapbook papers in them but I took the panes out, wrapped them in basic Christmas wrapping paper, and they were transformed!


7. I did the same thing with the panels in the media unit in the corner, which used to have green fabric in them.
8. The jars on top of the TV unit contain candies in the right colours.


9. I wrapped some empty boxes I had lying around the apartment in the coordinating wrapping paper, and set them under the tree.


And voila! A magical wintery-but-warm Christmas atmosphere! And you are welcome to visit anytime!

No comments: